Departments of JSC “Uralmekhanobr” beneficiation direction are guided by the goal of integrated utilization of mineral raw materials when processing rare and rare-earth metals ores and specialized in developing following technologies:
- Separation of acinose and fine ores and mineral-dressing products of primary ore and placer deposits containing minerals of titanium, iron, tantalum, niobium, zirconium, copper, gold, precious and rare metals, stannum, manganese, feldspar and other minerals;
- Slags treatment of ferroalloy and aluminum industry to obtain a metallic constituent.
Research conducted is intended to develop low-waste and environmentally-friendly technologies providing for material and energy resources saving as well as to improve the quality of products obtained.
Based on results of research performed and industrial tests process regulations are developed for designing new and reconstruction of already existing enterprises.
The technologies development is conducted by a combined method, in particular cases by a “dry” method, on a basis of dry magnetic and electric separators. For placer deposits gravity beneficiation methods are applied to obtain a bulk concentrate and subsequent “dry” final concentration.
The specialists of the department are the authors and patent holders of following inventions:
- Electrical drum-type separator, a patent #1440547;
- Method for regeneration of sands from used moldings sands and core sand mixtures, a patent 1276424;
- Method for electrostatic dressing of phosphate ores, a patent #1304889;
- Method for processing aluminum-bearing slags, a patent #2023035;
- Pneumatic electrical separator, a patent #652972;
- Method for potash ore dressing, a patent #1782666;
- Electrical separator, a patent #722581;
- Electrical drum-type separator, a patent of Great Britain #2209293;
- Electrical drum-type separator, a patent of Australia #603118;
- Electrical drum-type separator, a patent of USA #4954248;
- Electrical drum-type separator, a patent of France #2615413B1;
- Electrical drum-type separator, a patent of Italy #1215480;
- Device for charging the electrical separator, a patent #1577148;
- Electrical drum-type separator, a patent #2008976;
- Method for dressing of gold-bearing low-sulfidation ores, a patent #2201289;
- Pneumatic electrical separator, a patent #1745341;
- Electrical separator, a patent #1506701.
All of the above mentioned inventions are related to electrical separators of a new structural realization in comparison with a traditional construction of electrical separators. None of laboratories in the world has such electrical separators so far, therefore it is regarded as competitive advantage of our institute in the field of dry beneficiation methods.
Unique technologies created by specialists of “Uralmekhanobr” can be referred to:
- Studies on dressing of finely disseminated, low by content ilmenite-titanium ores containing phosphor in the Republic of Yemen (1976);
- Development of the concentration technology for a bulk concentrate and preparation of the process regulations for Lukyanovskoye titanium-zirconiun placer deposit;
- Development of the process regulations for beneficiation and production startup of sands from Tarskoye titanium-zirconium placer deposit;
- Development of the process regulations for sands beneficiation from Tobolskoye, Obukhovskoye and Beshpagirskoye titanium-zirconium placer deposits;
- Approbation of a beneficiation technology for bulk concentrate and scaled-up tests of 7 tons of titanium-zirconium placer deposit “Tsentralnoye”;
- Test processing of a representative sample of ores from Medvedevskoye deposit of titanium-magnetite ores with the technology development to obtain iron-and-vanadium and ilmenite concentrates for metallurgical treatment;
- Technology development to obtain niobium containing concentrates from ores of Vishnevogorskoye deposit;
- Technology development for upgrading the gravity tin concentrates at Solnechny GOK;
- Technology development for upgrading the gravity tungsten concentrates at Akchatauskaya Conc. plant;
- Development of the dressing technology for primary niobium containing ores from Zashikhinskoye deposit;
- Technology development of the “dry” final concentration (upgrading) for niobium containing ores from Tatarskoye deposit.
Up to the minute equipment is utilized for the development of processing flow sheets applied for rare metals ores.:
- Screw stoppers with a controlled capacity;
- High pressure sizing trommel for disintegration of argillaceous ores;
- Hydrodynamic oscillator for disintegration and minerals surface cleaning;
- Ultrasonic installation NO-156 for minerals surface cleaning;
- Mechanical attrition machine;
- High-frequency screen “Repulper” by Derrick Corporation, for fine screening;
- Multi-frequency vibrating screen ULSTM 1,5 x 0,6-E, for fine screening;
- Wet and dry magnetic separators with a various magnetic field intensity in a work zone;
- Coronal-electrostatic separators with a horizontal and vertical collecting electrode;
- Pneumatic- electrostatic separator for flour particles;
- Concentrating table Holman-2000 with slime and sand decks;
- Press-filter KCPF8 Knelson.