While developing technologies for processing nonferrous and precious metals ores “Uralmekhanobr” Institute is based on advanced technological processes and diagrams providing for a complete wastes disposal. The most important criterion for developing the optimum process diagram is the maximum completeness of recovery of main and associated valuable elements to the marketable product at the appropriate production profitability for a user of mineral resources.
1. Test for dressability and development of an ore dressing technology:
2. Feasibility of raw materials beneficiation technology (processing):
- Formation and preparation of a process sample for tests;
- Material composition study (chemical, phase, mineralogical, granulometric analyses, etc.);
- Study of ore physical properties and release of minerals;
- Survey and analysis of apriority information in terms of a research topic;
- Preparation and feasibility of trials techniques;
- Study of ores technological properties by xray-radiometric, flotation, gravity, electrical beneficiation methods;
- Preparation of variants for process schemes and modes;
- Technical and economic assessment of variants;
- Test of the process scheme on the principle of a continuous technological process using recycle water;
3. Development of process regulations.
- Substantiation of a recommended technology and indicators of mineral raw processing;
- Assessment of a process sample representativeness;
- Substantiation of a sampling point selection;
- Development of a sound process scheme for processing minerals and substantiation of its following main indicators;
- Studying the impact of mineral raw materials quality variability on valuable components content, harmful impurities, etc.;
- Assessment of the ability to use tailings as raw materials for getting building materials and products for other purposes or the necessity for buril;
- Preparation of qualitative-quantitative scheme and water-slurry circuit, flow process diagram with a list and quantity of required instrumentation and equipment.
- Development of technologies for gold recovery by gravity and combined methods using Knelson and Falcon concentrates, ultra-fine bead-type milling (Berezovskoye, Buribaevskoye, Susanskoye, Zarechnoye, Urupskoye, Safyanovskoye, Valentorskoye, Yuzhno-Kirovskoye, Vorontsobskoye deposits, Kirovgradsky, Karabashsky mining and metallurgical integrated works, OJSC “Uralelectromed”);
- Improving beneficiation technologies (flotation, hydrometallurgy) for copper, copper-zinc, lead and poly-metallic rebellious ores using new reagents, ultra-fine grind and preparation operations for raw materials of Shemurskoye, Tarnyerskoye, Volkovskoye, Ozernoye, Zapadno-Ozernoye, Uzelginskoye, Levoberezhnoye, Stepnoye, Talovskoye, Rubtsovskoye, Alaigyrskoye deposits;
- Development of integrated schemes for processing technogenic persistent raw materials with provision of high process figures: slags from copper smelting plants, red muds from aluminum smelters, ashes from GRES power plant, polluted proppants, beneficiation plants tailings. Research was conducted at such enterprises as SUMZ, Kirovgradsky mining and metallurgical integrated works, MMSK, UAZ, BAZ, MMK, etc.